Atkins is helping to shape the future of aviation around the world, ensuring they meet the needs of airport authorities, operators, airlines and passengers alike.
Atkins can help at any or every stage of airport development and design, drawing on the vast expertise and experience of our global team.
For more than 25 years Atkins has been working with government bodies, local authorities, airport authorities and operators, financiers and constriction companies helping them to deliver successful solutions across a wide range of airport and aviation projects.
We have vast international experience of airport design and development from completely new airports to systems within them, from major developments to alterations or system enhancements. We can help you at each stage in planning, designing and enabling the development of your airport or aviation business.
One of our major strengths comes from the fact that our staff undertake engineering and design work as well as consultancy, giving us a deep understanding of what is achievable in practical terms and what is financially viable. Equally, our ability to resource all disciplines without going outside the company is a substantial advantage to our clients.
Our approach is based on an in-depth knowledge and understanding of airport and airline operations and their businesses and we apply our creativity to deliver cost-effective and workable solutions in everything we do.
From economic studies, operations analysis and masterplanning to architecture and integrated airport facilities, Atkins embraces every area of design, development, construction and operation.
We provide integrated services for the planning, design and delivery of all aspects of airport development, including:
Feasibility and planning
- Feasibility studies and master planning
- Surface access modelling
- Traffic management and operational assessment
- Aviation regulatory advice
- Safeguarding assessment
- Movement area planning and capacity analysis
- Environmental impact studies
- Aviation safety assessments.
- Project management
- Risk management
- Contract administration and site supervision
- Airfield pavement & PCI surveys
- CDM services
- Facilities management.
- Airside infrastructure – pavements, AGL, NAVAIDS and ATC
- Airport facilities – passenger terminals, cargo terminals, hangars
- Airport systems – baggage handling systems, fire fighting systems, ICT systems including FIDS and CUTE
- Fuel storage and distribution
- Security systems – CULS, ICISS, PASS and more
- Landside infrastructure – motorways, access roads, car parks.