We specialise in finding bespoke solutions to our clients’ air quality problems using state-of-the-art tools and techniques, developing them further where required.
Atkins has one of the largest teams of air quality specialists in the UK with well over a century’s combined experience. We work with government ministries and agencies (in the UK and overseas), local authorities, industrial operators, developers and utilities providers to identify opportunities as well as constraints. We cover a large range of sub-specialisms and provide everything from ministerial advice on matters of national air quality strategy to indoor air quality advice to air quality assessment for small developments.
Our services include:
- Strategic advice to governments/regulators on policy and best practice
- Development of air quality policy and assessment tools
- Local and regional air quality assessments and management strategies
- Industrial emissions modelling and Human Health Risk Assessment (HHRA) using UK and US protocols
- Detailed dispersion modelling for highways
- High level assessments for plans and strategies
- Air quality sampling and monitoring surveys
- Advice and modelling for odour
- Urbanisation studies, including local power generation and energy from waste assessments
- Advice and support for planning applications
- Evidence at public inquiries and expert witness services