For over 50 years, we’ve been helping move the world forward one step at a time by creating world class airports where air travel is safer, easier and faster for commuters.
For over 50 years, Atkins has been helping to create world class airports.
Working with airport owners, airlines, governments, lenders and construction companies, we provide multidisciplinary expertise at every stage of a project, from strategic planning through to concept and detailed design.
We believe our main strength lies in a team of individuals with a proven track record of success in the airport sector. This experience, supported by Atkins’ full range of architectural, design and engineering services, allows us to pursue and achieve excellence.
Our success is built on an in-depth knowledge of a sector we’re passionate about; we enjoy nothing more than delivering intelligent, cost effective solutions which are appropriate in a carbon conscious world.
From economic studies, operations analysis and masterplanning to architecture and integrated airport facilities, Atkins embraces every area of design, development, construction and operation.
We provide integrated services for the planning, design and delivery of all aspects of airport development, including:
Feasibility and planning
- Feasibility studies and master planning
- Surface access modelling
- Traffic management and operational assessment
- Aviation regulatory advice
- Safeguarding assessment
- Movement area planning and capacity analysis
- Environmental impact studies
- Aviation safety assessments.
- Project management
- Risk management
- Contract administration and site supervision
- Airfield pavement & PCI surveys
- CDM services
- Facilities management.
- Airside infrastructure – pavements, AGL, NAVAIDS and ATC
- Airport facilities – passenger terminals, cargo terminals, hangars
- Airport systems – baggage handling systems, fire fighting systems, ICT systems including FIDS and CUTE
- Fuel storage and distribution
- Security systems – CULS, ICISS, PASS and more
- Landside infrastructure – motorways, access roads, car parks.
For more information on our work and experience in this sector please contact: