Working with planners, engineers, architects and other environmental consultants, we provide acoustic solutions for development and infrastructure projects.
Our team of experts can provide support at any stage, from consultation through to planning, design, construction and implementation on road and rail projects as well as large industrial installations and building designs. Atkins’ acoustics capability also extends to aerospace engineering and includes the design of acoustic panel models to support new concept designs. We have experience of partnering with leading organisations in this field, including the Institute of Sound and Vibration Testing at Southampton University.
Our services include:
- Assessing noise levels to inform planning proposals and improve current structures
- Building regulations advice (Part E)
- Sound insulation testing to Part E
- Environmental impact assessments for large infrastructure projects
- Noise assessment, monitoring and modelling
- Assisting with regulatory responsibilities
- Acoustic design and specifications
- PA/VA design for speech intelligibility
- Railway rolling stock noise and vibration
- Public Inquiry and expert witness
- Evaluating new developments