We specialise in finding bespoke solutions to our clients’ air quality problems using state-of-the-art tools and techniques, developing them further where required.
Our expertise in air quality management is evident from our work on major high-profile projects including the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Crossrail, Thames Tunnel and the M25 DBFO.
Local and national government, international development agencies, banks, motor manufacturers, land developers, airport, railway and utility companies all trust us to deliver, regardless of the project size.
Over 75% of our work comes from existing clients, including an eight-year contract for DfT Aviation Environment, and three years’ annual renewal of air quality technical support framework for the Highways Agency.
One of the largest teams of air quality specialists in the UK, we apply our knowledge of air quality to find bespoke solutions for clients.
Our services include:
- Transport-related assessments using screening tools and detailed emissions and dispersion models
- Method development for assessing complex scenarios, where out-of-the-box software does not go sufficiently far
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA), domestically and oversees
- Industrial emissions modelling using internationally recognised software for oil and gas installations, industrial processes, biomass plants and nuclear facilities
- Public exhibition and expert witness work
- Wide area modelling to examine regional effects of multiple local action plans and for project, regional and national pollutant inventories
- Environment Act 1995 local air quality management (LAQM) services
- Multi-modal strategy assessments (road, rail, air, shipping, and alternative modes)
- Advanced statistical analysis (“data mining”) to extract best value from available data
- Construction dust assessments, monitoring and management plans
- Habitats assessments (effects of dust, ambient air quality and secondary deposition)
- Air quality management research for policy development and pollutant abatement technologies
- Human Health Risk Assessment (HHRA)
- Air quality sampling and monitoring for ambient air pollutants, odour and dust
- Monitoring strategies for efficient targeting of capital and labour resources
- Indoor air quality advice for BREEAM, Estidama assessments and general concerns
- Odour modelling, subjective field assessments and bioaerosol monitoring
- Monetary valuation of air quality and greenhouse gas emissions
- Air quality training on best-practice assessment, modelling and monitoring techniques.