Supported by engineers, scientists and economists from across Atkins, our team of carbon experts support all sectors in the transition to a low carbon economy as part of mitigating climate change.
Our team of experts can provide strategic advice to help organisations not only comply with statutory requirements to measure and reduce their carbon footprint but also to improve carbon performance that will increase resource efficiency, cut costs and bring reputational benefits that can offer competitive advantage.
Our multidisciplinary experience encompasses:
- Carbon measurement, auditing and footprinting, whether it be for one of your operations or for the whole organisation.
- Voluntary disclosure – For instance in the production of Environmental Product Declarations or returns to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Low carbon strategy design – In designing your bespoke strategy, we can outline a range of low carbon options from renewable and energy efficiency solutions for an entire building portfolio to travel planning, behavioural change and carbon offsetting. This may also include how to best develop and market low carbon products and services or how to enter the traded sector.
- Advice on the EU Emissions Trading Scheme and Carbon Reduction Commitment.
- Low carbon strategy implementation – We can run change programmes within an organisation or across the supply chain. In addition, we can also help set up a long term monitoring system for ongoing management of your carbon footprint.
- Carbon critical design and engineering – Low carbon solutions are at the heart of everything Atkins does across the plan, design, enable cycle. We have developed a suite of carbon tools that enable our designers and engineers to optimise the carbon credentials of a project within the agreed brief, programme and budget. Mapping both the embodied and operational carbon of any project enables our clients to make value based and robust decisions about which options to adopt in order to minimise carbon over the design life of their structure or scheme.