Atkins is at the forefront of the development of computer techniques for the assessment of fatigue on dynamically sensitive structures. We offer an extended range of services from concept design, design of repairs, through to abandonment.
Our recent experience in integrity management includes reassessment and design of primary jacket strengthening for existing installations that have experienced either a major change of use, are operating beyond their original design life or have been damaged.
Atkins has expertise in a wide range of techniques for assessing these structures ranging from code based approaches through to non-linear analysis and structural reliability.
Atkins has developed tools that allow existing computer models in any format to be reassessed using the latest software for linear and non-linear structural analysis. Our extensive experience in the use of non-linear and advanced finite element (FE) techniques has also been successfully applied to feasibility studies and decommissioning projects.
Atkins has successfully validated non-linear and advanced FE techniques to the IVBs on several major projects.
Our range of services covers:
- Conceptual and detailed design
- Structural integrity and reassessment
- Life extension and reassessment for increased topside load, conductors and risers
- Fatigue and reliability
- Anomaly and defect assessment
- Modifications and repairs
- Structural response to fire and blast loads
- Installation and abandonment
- Risk based on inspection planning and development
- Weight control