Atkins’ heritage team ensures respect for our past without needlessly restraining our future.
Our team of archaeologists, architects, museum specialists, tourism consultants and historic building experts have the skills and experience necessary to balance the conservation of our heritage with the social, cultural and economic needs of today. Our work encompasses everything from prehistoric monuments and medieval buildings to modern museums and nuclear power stations. We address “all matters heritage”.
Our services include:
- Natural and cultural heritage conservation
- World Heritage Site nomination and management
- Tourism strategy and advice
- Museum and archive design and development
- Interpretation and access planning
- Research and policy development
- Sustainability advice
- Heritage masterplanning and town planning
- Business plans and funding advice
- Feasibility studies and economic appraisals
- Historic landscape and townscape characterisation
- Archaeological consultancy
- Expert witness
- Project management for major projects
- Advice on the governance of cultural organisations
- Consultation and community engagement
For more information on our services and experience, you can download our cultural and natural heritage brochure.
To find out more about our heritage consultancy work in North America, click here