We design and redesign existing organisations to enhance capability or introduce new ways of working in a way that is coherent with the organisation’s direction and goals.
How do we approach organisational design? We adopt a participative approach – working closely with our clients and their staff to improve understanding of the current environment, developing an appropriate organisation design and helping to implement it.
This may include some or all of the following:
- Identify or reconfirm the mission, objectives and strategy of the organisation
- Analyse the external environment including stakeholder analysis – with a future focus
- Identify key business processes and improve them where possible
- Understand the current culture and working practices
- Identify and define new/revised roles and responsibilities and staffing numbers
- Derive appropriate performance indicators on which to measure the new organisation
Following redesign, we provide a range of services, including provision of the practitioners, frameworks and tools needed to guide the organisation through the rollout of the change.
We also provide direct support and engagement with staff by learning and other development interventions, consultation and communications. This includes acting in a ‘critical friend’ capacity, providing independent review and support as the new structure settles in and delivers the planned benefits.
We deliver these services to customers in a number of different sectors both in the public and private sector and are even supporting clients in the development of their organisation structures to deliver nuclear new build aspirations.