Atkins supports your projects at every stage of the planning and economic development process from policy making, site appraisal and planning, to approvals and consenting, project delivery and asset management.
With around 600 qualified and experienced professionals,
Atkins’ integrated service progresses projects from the initial concept through
to assessment, consultation, consenting, detailed design and implementation.
Our expertise covers a range of disciplines including
planning, masterplanning, landscape design, socio-economics, heritage,
transport, ecology, sustainability and environmental science.
How can atkins help you?
We help project promoters secure planning and environmental consents for development and infrastructure projects under various regulatory regimes. These include the Town and Country Planning Acts, the Planning Act 2008, the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Electricity Act 1989, Transport and Works Act Orders and Parliamentary Bills.
Planning services include:
- Environmental planning appraisals
- Alternative sites or alignment assessment
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Public consultation
- Environmental impact assessments (including all the required environmental specialisms)
- Appropriate assessments
- Landscape and visual impact assessment
- Transport assessment
- Sustainability appraisal
- Health impact assessment
- Equalities impact assessment
- Consenting applications (including development consent orders, environmental permits, planning permissions)
- Expert witness evidence at public enquiries, hearings and local plan examinations
For further information see our planning brochure and our planning for nationally significant infrastructure brochure.
economic services include:
- Local economic assessments
- Socio-economic analysis
- Economic impact assessment
- Economic scenario forecasting
- Inward investment studies
- Green Book appraisals
- Funding bids
- Project and programme evaluation
- Feasibility studies
- Environmental economics
- Community consultation
- Business plans and financial appraisal
- Survey design and analysis
- Social enterprise development
- Economic development and regeneration strategies
- Employment land and housing studies
- Sectoral development studies
- Major scheme business cases
For more information, please see our economics brochure.