Atkins is a leading consultancy in the area of geo-environmental engineering and contaminated land management, providing integrated solutions to our clients working in the field of land transactions and land development.
We are experts in geo-environmental engineering, contaminated land risk management and the delivery of engineering or science led solutions.
We help clients to understand ground-related risk so that the most appropriate risk management actions can be determined and the potential liabilities associated with the land identified, be it the risk of regulatory action, issues around development abnormalities and constraints or the risk of third party claims.
We have extensive experience in meeting client needs and addressing regulatory requirements on complex soil and groundwater projects ranging from the decommissioning, demolition and remediation of both operational and decommissioned oil and petrochemical sites, to clean-up contaminated land in residential housing estates. Our clients include: industrial process operators and manufacturers; regulated industries including power and water companies; private developer clients; construction contractors; private sector clients including local authorities and environmental regulators; and legal, financial and insurance companies.
Our services include:
- Environmental due diligence
- Site investigation including intrusive and non-intrusive techniques
- Geo-environmental and contaminated land risk assessment
- Remediation options appraisal and strategy statements
- Reclamation and earthworks strategies, including material and waste management plans
- Consultation with regulators, the public and wider stakeholder communications management
- Regulatory advice including obtaining planning permission, consents and permits
- Remediation design, contract specification, tendering and management
- Validation reporting