Communicating with our shareholders
You can choose to receive Atkins shareholder communications, such as our annual report and accounts, in either electronic or paper format. We encourage you to join the growing number of people who have opted to receive their shareholder communications electronically and who, as a result, are:
- helping the environment – the environmental impact of producing, circulating and disposing of paper documents is reduced;
- ensuring the security of their personal details – your documents cannot be lost in the post or read by others;
- receiving information more quickly – company information is delivered quickly rather than being dependent on the postal system for delivery; and
- reducing costs – the company will save money on the costs associated with producing and circulating paper documents.
You can register to receive electronic communications (e-comms) at any time. Simply visit My Atkins Shares, our shareholder services portal, and register to use the service. For each new shareholder who subscribes to this service we will donate £1 to charity. As an e-comms subscriber you will be sent an email alert containing a link to the relevant documents whenever we issue a shareholder communication electronically.
Once you have registered to use My Atkins Shares, you will also be able to:
- view your shareholding balance and get a current valuation of your holding;
- view movements on your shareholding;
- set up or amend a dividend mandate so that dividends can be paid directly into your bank account;
- update your address; and
- register/update your email address.
If you receive paper documents we will write to you from time to time asking you if you wish to continue receiving shareholder communications in this way or if you would like to register to receive e-comms. If you don’t reply we will stop sending you paper documents and will instead send you a paper notification each time we make a shareholder communication available online. You can request a paper copy of any shareholder document from us at any time. We will send this free of charge within 21 days of your request. You can also change your communication preference at any time by writing to our registrar.
We no longer send paper interim reports to shareholders, but make our half-yearly results publicly available online.