Throughout our history, Atkins’ corporate culture has encouraged the passion of individual employees to serve their local communities.
The Atkins Foundation, Inc., was established in 2006 as a means of evolving, elevating, and focusing our philanthropic efforts in North America. Local community agencies, schools, charities and universities throughout the U.S. have benefited from Foundation grants.
Through our 501(c) (3) foundation, we support education initiatives, public programs that support those affected by natural and human-made disasters, and the interests and welfare of other public charities championed by our employees.
Recent organizations that received (or receiving) Foundation grants include:
- Adventures in Engineering, Girl Scout Council of Tropical Florida
- Architecture Construction & Engineering Mentor of Greater Tampa Bay, Florida
- ASCE Alfred R. Golze Scholarship Fund, California
- ASCE University of South Florida Southeast Student Conference, Florida
- Conference of Minority Transportation Officials National Scholars Committee, District of Columbia
- FIRST Robotics, James Madison High School, Virginia
- G3 Grady Robotics Team, Georgia
- Girls Exploring Science, Technology, Engineering & Math, Colorado
- Texas Colorado River Rolling Exhibit, Friends of Colorado River Foundation, Colorado
- Transportation Engineers of the Future Program, Georgia
Working with our communities
Atkins is committed to be a responsible corporate citizen. We are passionate about contributing to the communities where we operate and engaging our people to join together to make a difference where it matters. We want to engage our staff, shareholders, and the charities we support by:
Being a good neighbor
We will support our people in their own communities around the world through local charitable donations, fundraising, volunteer activities, and other events.
Openly reporting on our community involvement activities
We will encourage our locations to actively provide information on community support and publish the results in our Corporate Responsibility report.
Applying for Funding
All requests for Foundation grants must originate with a passionate champion from within the ranks of Atkins employees. Each employee-champion must submit a proposal for grant funding following the established guidelines. The Atkins Foundation Board reviews proposals on a quarterly basis, but encourages submissions at any time.
Those employees who choose to donate to The Atkins Foundation, Inc. may do so either through payroll deduction or one-time donations. They may also choose to give in memory or recognition of a special person or event (for example, memorials, weddings, or birthdays).
Our Atkins film shows how we’re learning from the past to inform the present and inspire the future.
Watch the film